The Countdown

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Wonky Scale & Period Pains, But Not Shaken

Well, I got on my grandmother's scale, just as nervous as before and I saw something very outrageous. Previous weight, 271. So, let's see what's happened this week. Have I managed to land with both feet on the ground?

Let's find out...

275. I pee. 276. I move it to flatter ground. 275/278, depending on how balanced I am. I was, at first, shocked and pretty weirded out. But I actually calmed myself into a good mood.

No one gains that much weight in that little time. Even with me going back home, I only missed one day of exercise and with my elliptical, I was working out, enough to actually feel sore. I haven't over eaten, actually, I've under eaten due to jet lag, and I'm on my period. I just can't sit and say to myself "I've gained five pounds." I can't get upset. I just don't think it's true. I really just dn't think I've done anything wrong, at least, wrong enough to make that outrageous of a gain.

Maybe I'm being naive? Silly? Some weird nighttime feast my guilt won't take into consideration? I just don't think so. I'm actually proud of myself for not freaking myself out all day. This isn't going to shake me. I'll keep counting and walking and doing what I need to do to break the 80's (269 or below).

I'm not upset. I'll just keep moving. It's just...a part of dieting. I'm going to be just fine. :)

Love & Peace

Gabby

1 comment:

  1. GOOD. Yeah scales are screwed up. I know two scales that differ by 5 lbs each. FIVE lbs. How is that possible? Ugh.

    ReplyDelete