The Countdown

Thursday, July 22, 2010

INSANITY Day 5: Pure Cardio

Day 5: Pure Cardio

Man, it's only 38 minutes, but it is tough. I was dizzy once again. Swaying and what not. It was ridiculous.

The first ten minutes or so is warm up, and then some stretching. I think there's about 20 minutes of the actual work out. During the stretches, he's says things like, "You guys scared about what's coming? I'm scared." Now, I understand it's all part of the gimmick, but I'm not really comforted by the person who made the work out being afraid of the work out. Just saying.

Pure cardio is just what it says, pure cardio. No breaks until the end. I was tired. And guess what? The people in the video were tired, even some chick named "Tammy" who is usually bouncing around with the best of them. Almost everyone got sent off the floor at least once to get some water and to just take a break.

And I was right there with them.

When I first heard of insanity, I foolishly thought it was something to "beef up" my workout. That I'd do it, and then have to do some running on the treadmill or something like that...I can't even get myself up into the kitchen or sit on the toilet, there's no way in hell I'm going to the gym, not this week anyway.

Oh, when calculating my whole work out, for some reason, I forgot the month of August. I thought I was going to finish up in October for some reason. If all goes to plan, I should finish in September. :D (Late September, but September none the less).

I'm going to a convention in October, so I'm happy.

Day 5/55 Days to go

No comments:

Post a Comment