The Countdown

Monday, July 19, 2010

INSANITY Day 2: Plyo Cardio Circuit

Day 2: Plyo Cardio Circuit

Well, first off, when I woke up it felt like someone was punching my legs all night. They hurt, as did my sides. I actually stayed in bed for a little longer because I wasn't sure I could get through the warm up, let alone whatever else he had to do.

If this happens to you, I recommend just doing it. Once I got started, I didn't notice the soreness as much and it was only really apparent during the stretches.

Now for the work out:
This man is insane. I'm insane. Whoever has this, has lost their mind. He really did "flip" the intervals. I was always waiting, pleading for a break, and he'd just keep going. When the breaks happened, the only thing I was focused on was water so it wasn't like I got a chance to really breathe. I haven't felt this out of shape since I first started going to the gym (and that was 135 pounds ago. D: )!

He's a great motivator though. If you don't look right at the screen, all that "push, push" really moves you forward. I know my neighbors must think I'm crazy. By the end of it, I was pretty much chanting, "I will get through this, I will get through this." I'm no where near perfect, and there was some times where I would just stand still and breathe, but "digging deeper" really helps you feel like you've done something at the end of this.

My favorite move is the "123-123." Feels fun. I hate everything else pretty much. Something about it just makes you want to keep going. Even though I'm tired, sweaty, and starving, I am pumped to do it again. Also, the idea that your body will transform really makes me a try to stick to form.

Also, seeing people passed out and taking breaks as well doesn't make you feel too bad for doing it yourself. :)

This really was a way to dive into the experience. If you don't like this, I would assume you wouldn't like anything else. It totally destroyed my normal hour on the treadmill. Again, be careful of the knees. I was getting slight twinges in my knee, as well as my ankle. Watch the proper form and take it easy when needed.

Day 2/ 58 to go

No comments:

Post a Comment