The Countdown

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lost "just" a pound

Why am I always so disappointed when I lose "only" a pound? A pound is a good thing, isn't it? Some people would pray for a pound I'm sure, and if it was a pound in another way, I would be freaking out, so how come a pound in the right direction doesn't have the opposite effect? One of happiness and joy and what not? It's always an, "...Oh...okay...at least its lower" kind of response. If it was -2, I'd over joyed. Hell, anyone over two and this post would be in all caps. Seriously, all caps.

This is also officially my last week with my mother. I go back home Wednesday. I wanted to come back under 200, but it seems 211 is what I'll be going back as, maybe 210 when I actually get back to school. I started around 232, so...21 pounds isn't bad for the summer...right? Not going to lie, I'm disappointed, and a little embarrassed. :( I get weighed at my health center, so I feel like I'm going to come back with "failure" stamped on my forehead.

Sigh.

Weight loss just isn't a perfect science.

3 comments:

  1. Your kidding right? 21 pounds in the summer! I have lost that much in 6 months! You should be having a party! I will bring the ballons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 21 pounds lost over the Summer is by no means, anything to be embarrassed about! I think I had a net loss of 25lbs last year - a whole year, lol. But, I totally understand where you're coming from though ... it took me a while to learn to embrace and celebrate even the smallest of losses. Stay encouraged and keep your head up high, because seriously, what you've accomplished thus far is quite commendable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I just need to get it in perspective. I'm just so used to what it was like or what it could of been, I just haven't learned to be happy in the moment. And it's not like I'm dead, so I can certainly keep going. lol

    ReplyDelete