The Countdown

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hit 80

I hit the 80 pound mark, the 260's...and I really couldn't be any more miserable. I feel, strangely enough, fatter than ever, and just all over depressed. Perhaps my "Lady Time" is coming on, but I feel awful. This, strangely enough, had been the most depressing weigh-in. I'm even more upset than I was with my plateau. I'm really not sure what to make of it.

You must be wondering why I'm posting at all if I'm so miserable.

When I get this way, I don't want to do anything. Working out is usually the furthest thing from my mind and school work is more of a chore than usual. However, it's not a reason to quit. A lot of people, including myself, get frustrated and simply quit, or "take a break." You can't "take a break" from life. Next week, when I'm in a better mood, I'll have wished I worked out, that I had done more work, that I had studied more, and I'll be even more upset. Instead of setting myself up for that, I'm going to, as my grandmother says, "put on my big girl panties," and get over it.

I'm actually a bit relieved that I lost. I went out with friends this weekend and put my "I'm not dieting" ideas to the test. I had sesame chicken, a pastry or two, some sweets, noodles, drinks that had calories (gasp) and what not, but I didn't gorge myself. I just ate like everyone else and I still lost a pound.

It's still a victory. Yay.

Love & Peace

Gabby


P.S. I know it seems like I'm the only one on the blog, but Freshmen Anna is really busy with her work and tests. She'll be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment