The Countdown

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

News / Weight TV / Pumpkin Cookies

I've been accepted! It's official, I'm going to Japan, land of the rising sun, next semester! I'm so happy. I also lost another pound, but who cares, I'm going to Japan!

Anyway, what's everyone watching on the TV?

Anyone watching Money Hungry? I am (sadly) and...it's really weird to me. It's different from the biggest loser and seems they were picked more on personality than any real weight problems. Sometimes I'm just disgusted by the attitudes...Yeah, I'm going with that.

How about "Too Fat for 15?" This show is depressing. Reminds me of my stay at fat camp...and why I hated it. They criminalize food. I always hated that. Locking the pantry like they're wild beasts. Yeah, some need some control, but just how they talk to them, about them...They're kids, already self conscious, and, yeah, they're "too fat." But be nice!

Here's another, biggest loser is back! I have class during the time, so I taped it (that's right, class till 9:30, make it home about 10...so sad). I hate to say it, but I LOVE this show. I guess it's motivation. I know the truth, believe me. I read the interview and some of the things they tell these people make me want to just roll my eyes, but it's the stories that really get me some time.

So who wants to make pumpkin cookies?

5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 5/8 cups Pumpkin Canned, With Salt
12 ounces chocolate chips
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. Grease a cookie sheet.

3. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; set aside.

4. Beat sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla together.

5. Add pumpkin and the dry ingredients alternately to the mixture.

6. Fold in chocolate chips.

7. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet.

8. Bake 10 minutes or until edges are set.


73 calories per cookie.

Now, where I am, there's some strange pumpkin famine going on, so I used sweet potato mix instead. Turned out fine, friends ate them and everything. Just a warning if you're affected by this as well.

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! You are going to LOVE Japan! I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete