The Countdown

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I like food too much to be thin + Muffin Recipe

I like food too much to be thin.

That's what the magazines tell me anyway. Lose # pounds in # weeks by eating # food. I like food. I like to eat. How come there's never and "eating" diet? =_= I think if someone asked me what I ate for dieting (and didn't know me) they'd be stunned. I mostly eat salads in between meals, rarely as an actual meal because it leaves me hungry unless I bulk it up, and at that point, it's like, "...Can't I just eat a sandwich?"

I like sweets. I like cookies and ice cream and muffins. Don't get me wrong, I don't eat them like I used to, but I do eat them. I like fast food. I like (dun dun dun) processed, nasty, it's-gonna-kill-ya food. My birthday is coming up and I'm already planning on the cake I'm going to buy. Yeah, it's that intense.

I was watching a show with someone who had a weight loss surgery and could no longer eat steak, pasta, or bread, but said it was totally worth it. I believed him, but if that was my life, I'd be banging my head against the wall daily. No steak? Pasta!? BREAD!? Ugh. Thinking of it gives me the willies.

So, I like food too much to be thin. However, I like food just enough to be healthy. :) It made me chuckle a bit when the nurse told me not to do anything drastic or gimmicky to try and lose the weight. I have to admit, diet pills are seductive. Being magically not hungry? Miraculously burning more calories? Sounds pretty sweet. However, I don't want my heart to explode, so the cons outweigh the pros.

P.S. Has anyone notices how girls' toy commercials are all "teen dolls" or baby dolls? Is that all girls can be now a days? A fashion forward "individual" or a mom? What happened to toys that were just...toys? Sock-em-boppers anyone? Le sigh~

Anyway, food time.

RECIPE:
Everyone loves muffins, right? How about strawberries? Strawberry Muffins anyone~?


1cup whole wheat flour
1cup all purpose flour
1/2cup sugar
1 1/2tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1/2cup fat free plain yogurt
1/2cup low fat vanilla yogurt
1/4cup butter, melted
1tsp vanilla
1cup strawberries, chopped
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375F.

  2. In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar and baking soda.

  3. In another bowl, mix eggs, yogurt, butter and vanilla.

  4. Toss strawberries into the flour mixture.

  5. Pour yogurt mixture into flour mixture and stir.

  6. Spoon batter into greased muffin tin.

  7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
160 calories per muffin. If I can make them, anyone can. I made two batches (24) just to get rid of four eggs. Awesome, awesome day. I wouldn't recommend eating them fresh out of the oven. Hot strawberries are actually not all that pleasant, to me anyway. I put them in the fridge and just eat them cold. Then again, I like muffins regardless of temperature. :)

Next week I'll post the recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies (Warning, those will be addictive). This recipe can be found on Calorie Count. Happy baking~

2 comments:

  1. that recipe sounds really good... hmmm... i may just try it... if only I knew how the oven worked... lol jk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's totally worth it to learn. :D They're wonderful~

    Or force someone else to do it.

    ReplyDelete