The Countdown

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

This is just one of those weeks...

It's just one of those weeks where you have to sit down and look at where you've been and where you are. I'm still at 218, and I have to just sit down and count the reasons not to throw in the towel.

I've lost over 100 pounds. That's good.

I can sit in a chair without fear of breaking it.

I can wear clothes I could at one point only look at.

I can touch my toes.

I can go out with friends and not feel like the "huge" one (though I still feel like the big one).

I get more jokes/taunts about my height than I do my weight.

I have done something neither my mother or grandmother could do with their surgery.

I have the will to move forward.

There, that'll do it I think. no reason to throw away all of that just because my body's being stubborn. Just have to show it who's boss!

1 comment:

  1. Gabby,
    I am so happy that you wrote this post. I like you have to remember where I have come from. You can copme so far and you really need to be proud of your accomplishments. CONGRATULATIONS on everything you have done and I raise a glass to your next weight loss goals!

    MissHaneefa

    ReplyDelete