The Countdown

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lost a little more and have a quiet acceptance

I didn't post last week because I gained, but it was fully expected. Dropping six pounds in a week was fishy, but I reveled in it anyway. I went from 224, to 218, to 220 (still not obese :D) and now I'm down at 216. I'm pleased.

I did a body check today. I have a waist, who knew? I'm a pear, and quite flat chested (even when I was larger I wasn't busting out of bras), so it's not all that defined, but I'm happy none the less. I was looking over my body and I was starting to get depressed. Torso covered in stretch marks, a stomach that's starting to get the "empty" look, "bingo wings" attached to my arms, boobs that sag a little too much, even though they're only a B, my legs...well, my legs are doing fantastic. XD

While I was mourning my body, I was like, "...what the hell am I doing?" 1. I'm not done yet. I have 53-ish pounds left to lose, so it's not like this is the finished product. Saggy stomach and arms is a no brainer. There's still fat in there, duh! 2. my body has been through a lot. Since I can remember I have been overweight (or obese, not too sure when I crossed the threshold) so my body has been packed to the limit with fat for AT LEAST a decade. Did I expect to get away scot free? I don't think so.

Though my body won't bounce back 100%, I'm not going to down it for what it has and will continue to do. I've lost 133 pounds and just recently have I noticed some skin starting to show. JUST NOW. I think that's pretty damn lucky! And even now it's not all that bad. I have stretch marks, but who gives a diddle? I've had these since I can remember and they're a part of me. Anyone who wants to say something can kiss the fattest part of my behind.

I'm proud of my body. I think it's trying it's hardest to get to where it's been wanting to be all this time and that it's being very forgiving.

That being said, I'm 19, so, at the end of the day, I will give my body some time to do it's thing. When I get down to goal, I will probably put most of my energy into weight lifting. Still cardio of course, but I want to do everything in my power to help my body/skin bounce back. Toning, getting rid of any excess fat, all that jazz. If at the end of college I'm still flapping in the wind more than I'd like, i'll probably look into skin surgery, then again, I don't plan on anyone seeing me nude, so it would just be for me. :) I'm not looking or the "perfect body," I'm just looking for the "best me."

Anyways, have a good weekend. :)

P.S. Had chicken and waffles for the first time this week. Not really feeling the waffles, but the chicken was cool beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment